Katie recently expressed to me her concern about the legacy she will leave behind when she has passed. She also wrote about it in a manner so eloquent that it makes me wonder how she could think that our memories of her won't be great or noteworthy.
She was particularly worried about the text that would end up on her epitaph and who amongst her loved ones will be left behind to write it. Until this blog entry, I couldn't even spell epitaph, but now I will make an attempt to write one with a few choice words that I think will best qualify Katie's life.
Made well. Ate well. Loved well. Lived well.
"Nothing is carved in stone" says Katie. And she is right (she is also punny). It's too soon to talk about the lives we will lead, in the past tense. But there are things that I am certain will not change.
Lucky for her, and for us, she still has plenty of time to revise or discard what I wrote. Maybe we can add to her stone "Edited well."
She was particularly worried about the text that would end up on her epitaph and who amongst her loved ones will be left behind to write it. Until this blog entry, I couldn't even spell epitaph, but now I will make an attempt to write one with a few choice words that I think will best qualify Katie's life.
Made well. Ate well. Loved well. Lived well.
"Nothing is carved in stone" says Katie. And she is right (she is also punny). It's too soon to talk about the lives we will lead, in the past tense. But there are things that I am certain will not change.
Lucky for her, and for us, she still has plenty of time to revise or discard what I wrote. Maybe we can add to her stone "Edited well."
No comments:
Post a Comment