Friday, April 16, 2010

So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

My caveman diet isn't going as well as I had hoped. You would think that eating unprocessed, unadulterated whole foods like meat, seafood, veggies, fruits and nuts would be easy because of its simplicity. But I am surprised to learn that gluten, dairy, legumes and processed foods rears its ugly head in so much that I eat. While I allowed myself to eat freely when I am out with friends, I am seeing the negative effects of non-paleo food. Several days of indulging in Cơm tấm, cheese, flat bread and sweets resulted in slow, lazy workouts and bloating in body parts that are usually lean and strong.

I need to recommit myself to this diet and find discipline in how much eating out I do. Today, I am going to Ranch 99 and this is my grocery list:

1. Fresh catfish
2. Lettuce
3. Mint
4. Carrots
5. Whole steaks
6. Bananas
7. Apples

Nothing processed, nothing frozen, no gluten or dairy. I've gotten pretty good at making Paleo meals without much help from recipes or the Internet. The challenge lies in how much I choose to eat out.

No comments:

Post a Comment